Welcome to the website of “Academia Sinica Data Science Statistical Cooperation Center”! In order to protect and respect your privacy while browsing this website, we have established the following Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy. To help yourself understand how our website protects your privacy while you are using its service and how we collect, process, use and secure the personal information you provided, please read the following carefully:
- Scope of Application
This policy applies only to the collection, processing, use, and security of the users’ personal information while using this website’s services and relevant websites provided by the Department of Information Technology Services, Academia Sinica. The said policy does not apply to the users’ activities on a different website connected with this website.
- Collection, Processing, and Use of Personal Information
- This website will not collect personal data of the users, except for automatic server recordings described in subsections “b” and “c”, while browsing or downloading documents from this website.
- This website will record information including but not limited to user IP address, time of access and web pages browsed within the website. The data is used for such specific purposes as the protection of onsite information, routine maintenance and audit management. It also serves as data bank for the website’s management in the evaluation of content and system improvement as well as aggregate analysis for website traffic and network behavior. The analysis aims solely at improving website service quality; no analysis will be conducted on individual users.
- This website operates in accordance with the Republic of China’s Personal Information Protection Act and all relevant ordinance regarding information gathered on users when browsing this website and using its services. Information gathered on users will not be used for any purposes beyond said specific purposes. However, we maintain the right to judiciously gather and use the users’ information in accordance with the R.O.C. law under conditions prescribed within Article 16 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Under the Personal Information Protection Act, we may be required by the Judiciary or other authorized organizations, as appointed by the R.O.C. government, to abide by the law and provide relevant information under written instructions to do so.
- Information Protection Policy and Data Protection.Any unauthorized attempt to tamper with services provided by this website is prohibited and may violate R.O.C. law. To ensure website safety and normal service provision along with the protection of users’ personal information, this website’s management offers the following safety protection measures:
- A network intrusion detection system to monitor network traffic and avoid any unauthorized attempts to upload or change web information or deliberately destroy information.
- Installment of a firewall to prevent illegal intrusion, damage or theft of data and prevent the website from being used for illegal purposes.
- Usage of relevant systems and programs to ensure information safety on the Internet and offer a safe website browsing environment for users.
- Construction of an information safety event mechanism for control, notification, and contingency plans to ensure the website returns to normal operation in minimal time with minimal damage should any event arise.
- Regular patch updates in accordance with operating-system manufacturer’s requests.
- Relevant Links Provided on the Website
Webpages on this website provide Internet links to other websites. By clicking on these links, you may enter other websites. This policy is not applicable to websites accessed through these links. You should refer to their respective policies while using these linked sites.
Users must obey terms-of-use rules in the following Acts: Taiwan Academic Network Management and Norms, and Academia Sinica Network Management and Norms. Users must not use the services provided on this site for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful manner and must abide by relevant laws of the Republic of China. If you are a user outside the Republic of China, in using this site you must also agree to abide by the laws within the country or region you reside. In using this site, you agree and guarantee not to use this website to infringe upon the rights and interests of others nor to commit illegal activities. Any person harming the safety of information on this website will be held legally liable and punished under the relevant provisions.
- Privacy and Security Policy Amendments
Amendments to privacy, security, and terms-of-use policy maybe instituted once necessary. Such changes will be announced on the website.
- Inquiries Regarding the Privacy Protection Declaration
If you have any questions or inquiries regarding this website’s Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy, please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org。